Welcome

Make sure to check out the the weekly poll. Feel free to answer. If you have a poll you would like to me to put up, just shoot me an email. Also, make sure to check out my Blog list on the right. Myself and Mr. Duke have started a great project called Sportstearsinourbeers. There will be lots of post and podcast coming soon. Thanks for checking us out. Feel free to follow us and we will follow you!

Friday, August 27, 2010

Leeving Texas with a Win!

LEE - "DAMN YOU THOME & DELMON" REAL QUOTE..maybe



Well, the Twins players must be reading my blog. They did take my prescription. Franky was on his game. He didn't have that I don't care look in his eyes. The bats showed up. Thome....how huge has he been since Mr. $1 any size softdrink went down? When he does come back, I don't see them taking Thome out, so they will probably move Danny V to the bench (that's what happens when you are a rookie) and move Cuddy back to 3rd. Anyway, back to the game. Cliff was hanging by a thread all game and we busted him. He had his shortest outing this year. He also walked guys, which is rare for him (only 11 total before last nights game). I think the twins knew this was a big game and they showed it. By winning this game, they stay 1 game ahead of the Rangers in the head to head battle. It now sits at 4-3 in favor of us. They didn't want to go into Seattle feeling down. They would get there, it would be raining, people would still be crying about Kurt Cobain...just not good. It was nice to see Capps come in and not crap himself. I know he isn't Nathan...or anything close, but we trade away a nice player for a guy that I think Crain is better than. Last night though, he did what he was supposed to do. So, I'll give him a pat on the back.






Now we start a 3 game series with the Mariners. They are gonna throw Jason Vargas at us. He beat us the last time he faced us going 7 innings and gave up just 6 hits and 1 run. He did walk 3 though, so hopefully we can be patient. We will give them Big Spot Scott. He got the win against the Mariners last time he faced them. He went 5 innings, gave up 3 runs and walked 4. Hey, it's the 2nd half of the season, Baker is always better the second half....must be those bars he hits during innings and after he gets pulled.



I see us winning tonight 5-2. And I see the Sox losing against the Yanks. We are sitting on a 3.5 game lead. If the cards fall they way they should, we should be heading home to face the Tigers with a nice 5.5 game lead.



My prescription for a win tonight: Bake needs to no shake tonight. When he gets hit around a bit he starts to doubt himself. He walks around the mound, rubs his face and just looks lost. It's amazing because when he is on, he has some really nasty stuff, but once a team picks on him a little bit, he looks like he wants to run and hide. I have faith we will see Big Spot Scott tonight and Not Big Shot Scott.




No comments: