Welcome

Make sure to check out the the weekly poll. Feel free to answer. If you have a poll you would like to me to put up, just shoot me an email. Also, make sure to check out my Blog list on the right. Myself and Mr. Duke have started a great project called Sportstearsinourbeers. There will be lots of post and podcast coming soon. Thanks for checking us out. Feel free to follow us and we will follow you!

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fantasy Football draft tonight. Are you ready for some foo.....(Punch) Shut up Hank!



This guy was only 22 when this picture was taken. He had a rough Fantasy Football season. Some say that fantasy football is a fun way to enjoy the football season. I say, screw that. You pay X amount of $'s to have a stress filled weekend. Not only that, but you have your buddies trash talking and sending you stupid trade proposals. Sure, it can be fun when you win, but what are the chances of that? Sure, you might start out hot. You get the number one pick! Awesome! Next thing you know, he is out for the season. Just a few years ago, I took Tom Brady in the first round. Not first pick, so take it easy. What happens; he gets hurt and is out for the season. The bastard didn't even play one quarter. I digress. See, that is another thing I hate about fantasy football. Bitching. I hate to say it, but it's worse than poker stories. The good thing is that it only last for a few months. Do people really care how you would have won the week if your top running back wasn't part of a platoon? Or how if they didn't pull Brady or Moss (me bitching again.....it's my blog) in the 4th because the Pats are killing whoever it was they played, you would have won? I have the quick answer for you. NO! No one cares. I think I'm just going to start telling my boss I would have been to work in time, if only the guy in front of me would have ran the yellow light. I'm sure she would understand and give me a monster raise.

I have my draft tonight and we don't know what pick we will have until about 30 mins before the draft starts. Stress is already setting in. If I get the first pick, do I take AP or Johnson? Do I think outside the box and take Brees? Sound dumb? Well, there are a lot more running backs that can get you points than QB's. Do I try to make a deal with the first pick and take a good ransom off of someone who just really loves AP. We are in the state of Homers after all. I don't know what I will do or who I will pick. I do know this, I will fall into the game and talk about how I should have won. I will make trades and rob people when they really want someone that I have. I will blog about it here and hope that someone reads it besides me.....doubtful. Except for Ben. Hi Ben. Anyway. It should be a fun season and I'm looking forward to making you feel my pain (or glory) along the way with me.

Prescription to not stress out during Fantasy: Don't play it. It's kind of like asking, "How can I stop smoking?". You just do. Hell, fantasy might make you start.

No comments: