Welcome

Make sure to check out the the weekly poll. Feel free to answer. If you have a poll you would like to me to put up, just shoot me an email. Also, make sure to check out my Blog list on the right. Myself and Mr. Duke have started a great project called Sportstearsinourbeers. There will be lots of post and podcast coming soon. Thanks for checking us out. Feel free to follow us and we will follow you!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

The Yankees Win! Theeeeeeeee Yankees Win! Oh, and Kemba Walker goes to the NBA as a champion and might stay at The Hotel Minneapolis sometime.



Well, another game against the Yankees, another game the Twins lose. I’m still not pressing the panic button, but man, the Twins are now 6-31 at Yankee Stadium in the regular season under Ron Gardenhire. That is just a mind blowing statistic. I mean, you would think, by luck, the Twins would have a better record than that. It’s not like the Twins teams Gardy has had have been garbage every year. I know, it’s only the first game against them this year and it’s only the 4th game of the 2011 season, but it is still frustrating. Heck, maybe I am pressing the panic button. Oh by the way, Mauer, you there?

There were some good things that I saw last night, so it wasn’t all bad. Yoshi went 2-4 and also look a lot more comfortable in the field than he did against the Blue Jays. Justin went 2-4, he did have an error that could have been an ending double play, but, the 2-4 is better than the 1-10 last series. Scott Baker pitched a strong 6 innings, if you take away the first 2. The bullpen didn’t give up any runs in the 7th, 8th or 9th inning. So, things seem to maybe be on the up and up.

Tonight is going to be a tough match-up for us. The Yankees are throwing out C.C. Sabathia and the Twins are throwing out Brian Duensing. Don’t get me wrong, I’m a huge Duensing fan, the kid went 10-3 last year in 13 starts and had an ERA of 2.62. There was a stretch when he might have been the best pitcher we had. So, I’m actually going to go out on a limb and say the Twins pull out a 6-2 victory. I mean, the bats have to come to life at some point right?




Kemba Walks to the NBA a champ.

Well, my score prediction was wrong, (87-74), but my pick was right. Uconn defeated Butler in a pretty ugly championship game last night, 53-41. Kemba Walker led all scorers with 16, on an ugly 5-19 shooting night. But, Butler didn’t do themselves any favors by shooting a tournament worst 18% from the field. The horrible shooting in the game made it hard to watch, but since the Twins were losing and WWE sucked, I stuck with it. The pace of the game was nice and fast like I thought it would be, but both teams seemed so tight and tired, that shots just weren’t falling. I feel bad for Butler and the schools fans, two years in a row; that has to be tough. On the other hand, I have a lot of respect for what Uconn did in tournaments this year. They went undefeated in everyone they played in (Maui Invitational, Big East Tournament and of course The Big Dance). So, congrats Uconn, but don’t think about repeating, because the Gophers are coming!!!




Hotel Review: The Hotel Minneapolis.


Those of you that know me, know I love to travel and stay in hotels. Heck, even when I go downtown for a night of drinking, I like to get a room on either Priceline.com or Hotwire.com. They always have great deals on rooms.

This weekend, I stayed at “The Hotel Minneapolis”. I found this room on Hotwire.com for about 50% off. I had never stayed at this hotel, or even heard of it for that matter. But, I have to tell you, I’m glad I now know of it. This hotel compares very well to the very nice, but overpriced “Graves 601”. When you walk into this hotel, the lobby is brand new. There are dark reds and browns everywhere and the furniture and light fixtures are all very modern. As my buddy Mark said, “This is nicer than any place we will ever live”. He may be right. The check-in took no more than 2 minutes. I handed them my card and ID, they gave me my room keys and off I was to the 7th floor. When I walked in, the room was huge. The ceilings seemed to never end, the bathroom was a mile long, and the beds, the beds were amazingly comfortable. I’m glad I got to the room before the drinking started, because I was able to take a nice long nap and enjoy the 47 inch HDTV that the Twins were playing on.

So, overall, I give this hotel an A. The reason it didn’t get an A+, is because parking at the hotel was $29 for valet. Don’t worry; I didn’t pay $29 to park. I parked across the street for $20 less.



"The Hot Girl of The Day"

No comments: