Welcome

Make sure to check out the the weekly poll. Feel free to answer. If you have a poll you would like to me to put up, just shoot me an email. Also, make sure to check out my Blog list on the right. Myself and Mr. Duke have started a great project called Sportstearsinourbeers. There will be lots of post and podcast coming soon. Thanks for checking us out. Feel free to follow us and we will follow you!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Tsuyoshi Nishioka's Big Break







The Twins are hoping that Yoshi can somehow come across a mushroom and get his strength back up. Tsuyoshi Nishioka broke his leg attempting to turn a double play while Nick Swisher was trying to break it up. I know we all hate the Yankees, but this play was as clean as could be. The early predictions are that he will be out anywhere from 4-8 weeks. This is a big blow, but I guess its better it happened now and not later in the year.

The Twins will call up Luke Hughes to take Yoshi’s place. This might not be a bad thing. See, the offense now is stagnant and Luke Hughes led the team in homeruns (6) during spring training. The speed game is out the window, but I’ll take homeruns over speed at this time. I do feel bad for Yoshi because he had his family flying in to MN for Opening Day today, but hey, if he was homesick, he will at least have them here to visit.

I think this injury isn’t a bad thing for Yoshi. This will give him a little more time to just get more comfortable with being in the States. He can just relax, focus on his rehab and I’m sure his teammates will be there to comfort him through the whole thing. It was obvious he was nervous out there to start the year; maybe he will come back and be the player we thought we were getting. So, get better Yoshi and come back even better.

The Twins ended up losing the game 4-3. Yep, another 1 run game against the Yankees. I would give a recap of the game, but we have all seen this movie before. Bad pitching, no clutch hitting and just a fear of the big bad Yankees. The Twins are now sitting at 2-4 (one game called due to rain), I predicted a 5-2 start, but that didn’t happen obviously. We are now back at Target Field where we played really well last year. But, if you are looking for the long ball to make a come back, remember, the Twins didn’t hit very many out of the park. Still, I see a sweep in the cards. I don’t know why, I just do. It’s time to turn the switch on.



S.T.O.B is starting the Podcast Tonight.



That's right, we are launching the podcasting part of the blog. So, make sure to check out SPORTSTEARSINOURBEERS later tonight or tommorrow.



The "Hot Girl of The Day"


No comments: